Welcome to The Hyde Park Station
The Hyde Park Railroad Station is located on River Road in Hyde Park, NY, at Riverside Park. A station was built at this location around 1851, when the Hudson River Railroad was constructed from New York City to Albany. That structure was torn down and replaced by the current station in 1914.
The last regularly-scheduled New York Central passenger train stopped there in 1958. Subsequently the outer two tracks of the four-track "Water Level Route" were removed, and the entrances to the tunnel passage serving the southbound platform were boarded over.
The station, freight house and property was sold to the Town of Hyde Park by the New York Central Railroad. The station was badly vandalized and slated for demolition when the HUDSON VALLEY RAILROAD SOCIETY signed a lease for the building with the town in 1975.
A great deal of repair work, both interior and exterior had to be done by the society. Windows, doors, exterior trim, as well as the Spanish tile roof had to be repaired or replaced to make the station weather tight.
The interior work included rebuilding the ticket booth, refurbishing benches, waiting room, and baggage room. Wiring, plumbing and heating systems had to be rebuilt. All the restoration work was done at the Society's own expense. All maintenance and restoration of the station is the sole responsibility of the Society.
Inside the Station you will find displays depicting the area's railroading past, running models trains, and knowledgable railroad enthusiasts who can answer your questions about the great "Iron Horse".
We are located at the
foot of the hill which is
formed by West Market Street and River Road that follows the south wall
Even though the station is inactive, a very active Hudson Division
still exists. AMTRAK
pass the station are unique to the EMPIRE
NEW! A brief history of the Hyde Park Station. Video - 4 min. 35 seconds.
The Hyde Park Station, 34 River Road, Hyde Park NY 12538 E-Mail: webmaster